Saturday, May 28, 2011

Post Game Thoughts - You're Booing Alex Rios...?

Nice win by the Jays tonight! Sorry for the lack of posting this week, it's been a bit of busy mixed with a lot of laziness. And I think that also describes the past week for the Jays...

Watching tonight's game, I noticed that Jays fans were booing Alex Rios whenever he came to the plate. I don't understand this. They should be singing JP Ricciardi's praise for getting rid of him. It makes Toronto fans seem uneducated to the rest of the baseball world. Using this logic, you think they'd boo Vernon Wells when he makes his return to Rogers Centre, but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

It's official: Yunel Escobar is not allowed to even attempt a bunt with a runner on third. He always seems to miss, and the runner ends up getting called out. And the pitch that he always whiffs on always seems to be low and inside. It's like the other team knows that he's going to attempt the bunt. Appropriately enough, right before the bunt, I noticed Third Base Coach Brian Butterfield making a "choke" sign, so it was either prophetic, coincidental or a very poor sign to choose for the suicide squeeze...

Here's today's 3 Stars:
1. Juan Rivera - Hopefully this'll help increase his trade value...
2. Kyle Drabek - For managing to walk Adam Dunn 3 times
3. Mark Buehrle - Pitched well, keeping his team in the game and allowed only 3 runs

That's all for now... It's late and I have an early morning tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. i was at game on Friday night and during BP I yelled to Alex to let him know that I still love him. Boo birds were out in full force...doesn't make sense to me either.

    ReplyDelete