Sunday, May 29, 2011

Post Game Thoughts - Blow Out Edition

I caught a few innings of today's game, but I missed most of it due to a little Sunday afternoon grocery shopping. And in a completely unrelated note, is it me, or does Loblaws never have anything in stock?

Looks like the Jays had a huge first inning with both Edwin Encarnacion AND Aaron Hill hitting HR's. I said yesterday that Aaron Hill has lost his power swing, and although Hill did hit a grand slam, I'll wait until he can consistently hit a few more before I take that statement back.

Anyways, nice win for the Jays!

Here are today's 3 Stars based entirely on the box score...
1. Corey Patterson - 4 for 5, 1 HR, 3 RBI's
2. Aaron Hill - Grand Slam, 4 RBI's - gets 2nd star status because that was his only hit in 5 at bats
3. Edwin Encarnacion - 3 for 5, with a Home Run

2 comments:

  1. Patterson should hit more HRs - keep him off the basepaths. How did he do, anyway? Any unnecessary steal attempts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day he stole 2nd when Bautista had a 3-1 count, but I don't think he did anything too boneheaded yesterday...

    ReplyDelete