Saturday, May 7, 2011

Post Game Thoughts - Jays No Hit by the Tigers

I was working again today, so I PVR'd this game. Had a late night on Friday that finally caught up with me when I started watching and fell asleep. When I woke up the Jays were down 7-0. I guess I didn't miss much - literally. Justin Verlander was strong and threw a no-hitter, reaching 100mph into the 9th inning. Bautista and Hill should be back tomorrow, so hopefully things will go a bit better for the Jays. That is all...

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to find anything to complain about when the opposing pitcher posts a no-hitter. I didn't see the game, so I do have a question - was it a no-hitter due to Verlander's skill, or was it a combination of skill + the Jays' lack of skill at the plate?

    I am assuming it's the former, because we've seen this team at least put up a fight in losing causes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would lean more to the skill side. This is Verlander's second career no-hitter and he was up to 100mph into the 9th. The Jays are professional baseball players, so I wouldn't blame lack of skill for the no-hitter. They're a young team, so maybe lack of experience played into it a little. Also if Bautista were playing, he'd probably get a hit, or reach base via walk and put more pressure on Verlander and get Lind better pitches to swing at.

    ReplyDelete