Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Standings Check in

It's been a rough couple weeks after an exciting start for the Jays. Here's a link to the standings. By the way, if anyone knows how I can embed the standings in this post, I'd love to know how to do it. The whole luddite thing rings true when it comes to web design.

Toronto's facing the Texas Rangers who are leading the AL West with a 14-7 record tonight, so it's not going to get any easier. Kyle Drabek's going to start tonight's game, but I don't anticipate him going more than 6 innings. I liked how the bullpen performed yesterday afternoon and hopefully they'll be able to duplicate that performance today. And let's hope that the Jays are more patient and take a few 1st pitches (I'm looking at you Adam Lind...). This is going to be a rough road trip - Texas, then the Yankees and they finish off in Tampa.

I'm wondering how long it will take for Kansas City and Cleveland to move down to the bottom of the AL Central, and it looks like the White Sox will have company in May. They've both got 3 game losing streaks going and Detroit and Minnesota are slowly gaining momentum.

Also, I keep forgetting that the Houston Astros have a team in the MLB...

1 comment:

  1. Ditto re: Houston. It always catches me off guard when I see HOU in box scores, and I temporarily forget that it stands for Houston.

    As far as embedding standings into posts, I can look into that. Probably not too difficult.

    I'm not sure if I will be watching the game on TV but I'll keep an eye on the score. Also, the game will be on Y101 tonight for anybody on the go...

    ReplyDelete