Friday, April 29, 2011

Another Win Against the Rangers?

I missed yesterday afternoon's game against the Rangers. Apparently the Jays won again. Crazy, they just took 3 of 4 from the defending AL champs. So the reward for this strong performance? Demote Travis Snider? I don't get this move at all. Sure he's had a rocky start at the plate, but he's not the only one having troubles swinging the bat. It can't be his attitude, Snider puts up just as much effort as any other teammate and hasn't thrown any Cecil-esque tantrums to my recollection... Maybe there's something wrong with his swing that needs some tweaking in the minors? I have no clue.

So they're up against the Yankees tonight. I'm gonna PVR it and watch the game after I get home from work tonight, so don't tell me the score! Romero is pitching and I'm hoping to see at least 7 or 8 innings from him to give the bullpen a rest. They've been working hard in that Texas heat.

Meta Update:

So apparently, I was right. They're sending Snider to the minors to fix his swing. Just saw this posting on Getting Blanked.

2 comments:

  1. Snider's been pretty inconsistent from what I've seen/read, so a demotion makes sense - except that I think Tao of Steib mentioned that he frequently tears it up in AAA, only to struggle in the majors.

    Maybe it's time to just let him go? Surely the Jays could make up for his absence (maybe by trading Juan Rivera...hmmm...).

    Oh, just read that article at Getting Blanked. I didn't realize Snider is only 23. Keep him in the minors for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snider's got a ton of upside, and it'd be wasted if he spends too much time in the minors. They're going to tweak his swing and then send him back up. I'm guessing/hoping he'll be in Las Vegas for 1 or 2 weeks at the most.

    ReplyDelete