Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Inaugural Post

I decided to start a Blue Jays blog. I've been watching games and a lot of thoughts enter (and quickly exit) my mind. I'm not as knowledgeable as folks such as Drunk Jays Fans, Getting Blanked and The Tao of Stieb - 3 blogs that I visit often. So fear not, I will not be spewing any sabermetric stats at you, just my observations, opinions and other random information that I feel you should be interested in (hence the whole luddite thing). That's not to say I don't appreciate or agree with the sabermetric school of thought - I've read Moneyball and I agree with its principals, but I'm lazy and don't feel like analyzing numbers and learning new acronyms. I've only learned WHIP and OPS this off-season...

So to start, I just finished watching the Jays - Tampa game today which (spoiler alert) they lost 2-0. This game just whizzed by, James Shields pitched a complete game, but I don't want to extend too much credit to him. He owes many thanks to all the 1st pitches the Jays swung at. Not sure of the exact number of 1st pitch hits, but it was really evident in that inning where he faced Rivera, Arencibia and Snider and threw a total of 4 pitches. That inning alone could have changed the flow of the game if the Jays could have been more patient and take a few pitches. So yeah, Shields owes today's Jays lineup a big "thank you" for making his job a little bit easier.

Also that strikeout by Bautista was ugly...

No comments:

Post a Comment